Cheesecake with a superfood boost! Spicy ginger, creamy cheesecake, and a touch of earthy ashwagandha all blend to make a satisfying, heavenly bite.
We’ll start from the bottom up – these unique cheesecake bites have:
- A gingersnap crust, complete with an extra kick of our organic ginger powder
- Creamy, silky cheesecake filling, with a touch of our ashwagandha powder that balances the sweetness of the cheesecake and adds an interesting dimension to the flavor.
- The top is sprinkled with a cinnamon-sugar blend, giving this cheesecake a delicious snickerdoodle vibe.
- Toppings: we opted for fresh whipped cream and a chunk of candied ginger!
What you’ll need:
- Regular muffin tin
- Baking cups
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Food processor
- Large cookie/ice cream scoop
- 1 ½ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp Ceylon cinnamon powder
- 16 ounces cream cheese blocks, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ tsp ashwagandha powder
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. For the gingersnap crust: In a food processor, process ginger snaps until they turn into fine crumbs. Add gingersnap crumbs to a bowl, followed by the ginger powder and melted butter. Mix well to combine; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar; set aside.
4. For the cheesecake filling: to a large bowl, add cream cheese and sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium-low speed until creamy. Add sour cream and eggs; beat until combined. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and ashwagandha and beat until just combined. Do not over-mix.
5. Line a regular muffin tin with baking cups. Add about 3 tbsp of the gingersnap crumbs to each and tamp down using a spice jar or shot glass to form a crust.
6. Using a large ice cream/cookie scoop, add batter on top of the crusts, filling the opening ¾ full. Sprinkle the tops of each with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until centers are soft, but set. Allow to cool completely, then transfer to fridge until ready to serve. Remove cupcake liners and enjoy with fresh whipped cream!