Kick back and relax with this boozy golden milk! The flavors of turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon pair with spiced rum to kick this popular latte up a notch.
What Is Golden Milk?“Golden milk” is also known as haldi doodh in hindi, or turmeric latte in popular culture. It is a drink made from mainly milk, turmeric, and warming spices like cinnamon and ginger.
What Kind Of Milk Should I Use?
This recipe works great with any milk you enjoy! Dairy, almond, or oat milk would all be delicious.
Golden Milk Turmeric Cocktail
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 ounces spiced rum
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, until drink is chilled, and ingredients are thoroughly combined. Pour into cocktail glass; garnish with fresh ginger, candied ginger, or turmeric. Sip and enjoy!
- If you’re a big fan of ginger, muddle some fresh ginger in the bottom of the cocktail shaker and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Replace honey with maple syrup to make this cocktail vegan-friendly.
- Feel free to adjust alcohol level to your taste.
- Try it hot for a cozier version! Instead of shaking in a cocktail shaker, just heat everything together on the stove and serve in a mug.