Hot tea, sweet honey, and floral lavender. Lavender honey lollipops are just the thing you needed to make your teatime that much more indulgent.
What are lavender honey lollipops?
These are lollipops without any added or refined sugars! You can enjoy them on their own, or as a delicious tea spoon, infusing your drink with the sweet flavors of honey and lavender. Bonus: these lollipops can even be used as a natural sore throat soothing remedy!
What kind of honey should I use?
If possible, use Manuka honey for this recipe. Manuka honey is the only type of honey that can be heated to high temperatures and still retain some of its health benefits.
Tools for making lavender honey lollipops:
- Silicone lollipop mold
- Lollipop sticks
- Small saucepan
- Candy thermometer
Lavender Honey Lollipops for Tea
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp organic lavender flowers
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar (helps prevent candy from cracking)
- Prepare a lollipop mold by inserting sticks and adding lavender buds for garnish.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, until temperature reaches 300ºF. Bring to temperature slowly to prevent your honey from tasting scorched.
- Once honey has reached 300ºF, strain out lavender (optional)
- Carefully pour honey into prepared lollipop mold. Allow the honey to harden at room temperature for at least two hours. Remove from molds and enjoy with a hot cup of tea!
To store lollipops:
Individually wrap each lollipop as they will be very sticky. Store at room temperature for one month, in refrigerator for three months, or freezer for six months.