Switch up your holiday tradition with these matcha dipped gingerbread cookies! Soft, chewy, flavorful gingerbread is coated with a rich matcha white chocolate for a cookie that’s just as fun to make as it is to eat.
For this recipe, you may use our Sweet Matcha Latte Powder or our Matcha Green Tea Powder. Our Matcha Latte Powder adds the finishing touch to these gingerbread cookies, but our Ceylon Cinnamon Powder and Ginger Powder can also be used to make the dough! High quality spices make all the difference in the overall taste of a baked good.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon pepper, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 12 ounces white candy melts
- 2 tbsp Sweet Matcha Latte Powder
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the spices and salt. Add the eggs and molasses and combine. Gradually add the flour mixture, and mix until a dough forms. Divide the dough in half and wrap each piece in plastic. Chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thick and cut shapes out using cookie cutters. Transfer the gingerbread shapes to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
4. When the gingerbread cookies are done baking, transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Allow the cookies to cool completely before decorating.
5. Melt candy melts according to package directions. Add matcha latte powder; mix until thoroughly combined. Dip gingerbread cookies in matcha chocolate; transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet to dry.